2. The Kids Are All Right is the owner and operator of the website (“the Owner” or “we”).
6. We ask that unsupervised persons under the age of 18 years do not provide personal information to us.
7. The website is primarily designed to help you obtain and share information with the world. Most of the information that you provide in connection with the use of the website is information you are asking us to make public. Information you post on the website will be made public.
8. The Owner is not responsible for the use of information provided by website users to other website users or third parties.
9. You may be required to provide us with some personal information, such as your name, email address and location. If you register to use the forums through Facebook, you will be required to provide us with the information described on those registration pages on the Facebook website.
10. The Owner may use your personal information to contact you and to deliver information to you, such as administrative notices, offerings and other communications in connection with your use of the website. You authorise us to use your personal information to make these communications.
11. We use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of our website. Cookies are used in order to improve our services, for the further development of the website and to improve the user experience. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your hard drive.
12. We collect and disclose to third parties information about how users are using the website.
13. Any aggregate data we collect and disclose to third parties will not contain any information which could be used to identify you.
14. If you leave messages on the website for the Owner, or other users or third parties, we will store that information.
15. If you communicate with the Owner we may keep the information communicated to us.
16. The Owner uses services hosted by third parties to help facilitate your activity on the website. These services may collect information sent by your browser. If you use a third party service on the website, that third party may provide personal information about you and your transactions back to the Owner.
17. The Owner may engage certain third parties to perform functions and services in connection with the website. Only to the extent necessary to perform the functions, services, the Owner may share your personal information with those third parties.
18. The Owner or website users may share or disclose your information with your consent.
19. The Owner may disclose personal information, as permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to:
(a) comply with legal requests, laws or regulations;
(b) to prevent fraud;
(c) to resolve disputes between the Owner and you;
(d) in connection with any claim for loss or damages against the Owner .
21. Your personal information is stored on servers currently located in the United States and subject to the laws applicable in that jurisdiction.
22. The Owner uses safeguards in accordance with industry standards to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. However the Owner cannot guarantee the security of personal information.
23. Users must use safeguards in accordance with industry standards to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.